Windows Media Player HTML5 Extension for Chrome
The Windows Media Player HTML5 Extension for Chrome is an extension that enables Chrome users to play H.264-encoded videos (aka MP4) on HTML5 pages by using the built-in capabilities found in Windows 7.
Requires Chrome 8.0 or later
You can install the extension following these instructions
Windows Media Player plug-in
Install Windows Media Player
If a page simply links to Windows media files (e.g. .asf or .asx files), you might not see a prompt to download the Windows Media Player plug-in. In that case, follow these instructions to get the plug-in:
1. Visit Windows Media Components for QuickTime
2. Click Free download to install Flip4Mac.
3. Click Save for the file in the downloads bar to confirm that you want to download the file. Don’t worry — saving the file won’t harm your computer. Learn more about downloading files in Google Chrome.
4. Mount the .dmg file.
5. Click Flip4Mac WMV.mpkg.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing Flip4Mac.
7. Restart Google Chrome.
8. Open the Plug-ins page by visiting chrome://plugins in the address bar.
9. Click Enable for Flip4Mac. If you have trouble enabling the plug-in, click Details on the top right corner of the page and click Enable again.